CG Study Guide for the week of September 20, 2020
HIGHLIGHT OF THE SERMON
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or something that caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. When driving for a long road trip or just feeling the need to talk to someone, who do you call and why?
2. Pastor JJ said, “We must hold the truth of Godin one hand and he love of God in the other.” What is your go-to Bible verse, promise of God or attribute of God in times of hardship?
1. Pastor JJ told us 6 things we can do when we feel like we are in the wilderness or wasteland of life (Isaiah 43:19). They are:
- Release your grief
- Resist bitterness
- Re-evaluate your life
- Receive help from others
- Rely on the Lord
- Refuse to be discouraged
Number for yourself in order, from easiest to hardest, for you to do in times of grief or suffering.
Why is what you chose easy for you? In reverse, why is what is hardest for you, so hard for you?
2. Read 1 Peter 1:6-7. What perspective does Peter give suffering in these verses? How does this perspective help you deal with past or current suffering in your life?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Read Ephesians 6:12-18. Wha piece of armor do you need the most in your life right now?
2. To some degree, we have all been struggling lately. Spend some time in prayer. As each group member shares a trouble, one member can read Psalm 46:10 in response.
Men’s Bible Study – Tuesday nights at 8 p.m. or Wednesday 7:00 a.m.
Join us on for our Men’s Bible Study – “7 Challenges Men Encounter” by Vince Miller. Each meeting is one hour in length.
Pray By The Bay – Saturday, September 26, 10:00 a.m. at Bay to Bay and Bayshore and Rome and Bayshore.
* A call to prayer* This is a call for prayer at a most critical time in our nation. We are asking for Christians to come out and be a witness to our communities of our hope in God and not man to heal America. This is strictly a prayer event * Please no political signs or clothing* Note: masks are discretionary, to be used if necessary that is if you are at risk for any reason. There is room along Bayshore for safe distancing , so be wise but not fearful.
Community Groups! – Kick Off of new quarter begins Sunday, September 27th!
Pastor JJ says community groups are the DNA of our church. We believe that the best way for you to deepen your relationship with Christ and with other believers is by being part of a community group. If you’re reading this, you are probably already in a CG!
Are you interested in leading a group? Contact Chris Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prayer & Praise Night – Friday, October 2, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Join us as we worship the Lord and seek the Lord for His guidance.
Celebrate Recovery – Every Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Celebrate Recovery is a safe, confidential place to share your hurts. Other than being in a Community Group, this is the best place to go to rely on the Lord and one another. Check us out on FB/IG @crtampa or at www.crtampa.com