Food For Thought for the week of July 26, 2020 PDF Version
Food for Thought
For the week of July 26, 2020
(Questions and Scriptures for further study & discussion)
WHAT’S YOUR HIGHLIGHT?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or something that caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
1. How do you compare to a horse?
- Not much understanding, but lots of horse sense
- Hot-tempered, must be broken in
- Lazy and stubborn, must be led by bit and bridle
- Love to take people for a ride
Why are you that way?
This week, we are going to focus on Psalm 32. Please have a few members take turns reading the Psalm.
1. What is the source of blessedness or happiness in this psalm?
2. What does “in whose spirit is no deceit”(v2) mean? How does it relate to the struggle expressed in verses 3-5?
3. What does David realize about God (vv 6-7) How is David like a mule?
4. Unconfessed sin sapped David’s strength like the summer heat. What picture would you use to describe forfeiting God’s blessing by covering up your own sin?
5. God freely forgives those who trust Him: How has that message been driven home to you recently? How has that forgiveness spilled over into your other relationships? How can the group pray for you to live “upright in heart”?
RESOURCES & SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Mission Food Drive – Every day and especially on Friday’s, our church is feeding families in Tampa. Would you consider volunteering or being part as a Community Group? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or go to https://stfchurch.com/events/ to see what needs we have this week.