Community Group STUDY Guide
For the week of May 16, 2021
VBS Is right around the corner!
STFKids is headed to present-day Israel, where discovery awaits at Destination Dig. Our VBS kids will unearth more than dirt as they dig up exciting evidence proving that biblical events were not just made-up stories. They need your help to get VBS ready! The team desperately needs you to fill their
VBS Amazon Wish List: https://a.co/iaDynsq Please donate TODAY.
PARENT MEETING FOR ALL MIDDLE-HIGH SCHOOL PARENTS
As the school year comes to a close, we are so excited to share with you all of our plans for our students this summer! We would love for you to join us Sunday May 23, at 12:30 in the youth room at our BP campus for a parent meeting. In this meeting you will be able to connect with our new staff members Hannah Durbin and Chris Dotson as well as hear about the exciting summer we have planned. We hope you all can make it, lunch will be provided! We know God is going to do big things this summer in the lives of our students!
STF MISSIONS GO-DAY
On May 22, the STF GO Team is going to love our neighbors in Tampa. We are partnering with Just Initiative at 2 of their locations. At the first location, named “Petra House,” which is a shelter for single moms and children, and the homeless, we will repair work on the home and beautify the grounds with multiple landscaping projects. At their second location called “Project Initiative,” we will help them build a Clothing Closet in a high-needs neighborhood. The Go-Team will also bring the food trailer out to serve the homeless population of the area. Register
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or something that caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. When in your life have you felt the most loved?
2. When in your life have you felt closest to God?
1. This week, we were challenged with the thought that we fail to extend God’s love because we are failing to experience God’s love. What spiritual habits help you the most to experience God’s faithfulness and love?
2. Often, when we are in the midst of suffering, we need reminding of who God is to help us get back in the right frame of mind or to encourage us to worship Him. Below are some names of God. Circle which are most meaningful to you right now.
Elohim – strong One, divine (Genesis 1:1)
El Elyon – Most High, the strongest One (Genesis 14:20)
El Roi – the strong One who sees (Genesis 16:13)
El Shaddai – Almighty God (Genesis 17:1)
El Olam – Everlasting God (Isaiah 40:28)
TAKING IT HOME
1. Jesus went through the whole human experience, from trivial irritations to the worst horrors of life. How could the reminder that God knows and has experienced life’s pain help someone you know?
2. When we have experienced God’s love we will share God’s love with others. Is this true about you? Consider what evidence in your life displays the gospel message on a daily basis. How can your group pray for you as a result?