RUTH FOOD FOR THOUGHT, DEC 6, 2020 PDF VERSION
Food For Thought
For the week of December 6, 2020
(Questions and Scriptures for further study & discussion)
⇨STF Couples’ 30-Day Prayer Challenge Sign up to receive daily prayer prompts via email or text, and use them to pray together with your spouse/significant other. The Prayer Challenge runs from Sunday, November 22, through Monday, December 21, and you can register any time during the 30-day period. Register for Couples’ Prayer Challenge
⇨STFKids is back! This week, elementary children regathered at Ballast Point, for the 11 a.m. service only. And at the Davis Islands Campus, our kids will re-gather on December 13. We request that you pre-register your kids at the link below. Pre-Register for STFKids
⇨ Christmas Eve Services At the DI campus; December 24, 4 and 6:30pm. Channel District campus; December 24, 11am
READ RUTH 2
1. What do these verses tell readers about Boaz’ priorities and character? Who in your life reminds you of Boaz?
2. How did Boaz and Ruth honor one another’s dignity and break down conventional barriers?
3. What characteristics of God are revealed in Boaz’ prayer (2:12)? Who could you pray for using Boaz’ prayer this week?
4. What is a truth that Naomi and Ruth lived out in this passage? When in your life did you learn this truth?
5. How did the week’s verses, study or discussion prompt heartfelt questions to God and hope in Him to answer?