RUTH FOOD FOR THOUGHT, DEC 20, 2020 PDF VERSION
Food For Thought
For the week of December 20, 2020
(Questions and Scriptures for further study & discussion)
⇨ Christmas Eve Services At the DI campus; December 24, 4 and 6:30pm. Channel District campus; December 24, 11am. BP Campus; December 23, 5* 7**, 11pm; December 24, 11*am, 1, 3*, 5* 7, 11pm. *Childcare Provided **Masks Required We encourage you to pre-register for the service you plan to attend. www.stfchurch.com
⇨STF On Sunday, December 27, all campuses will meet online only.
All campuses will meet together at the Ballast Point Campus on January 3 for a Campus Connect Sunday service. Michael Rivera, our middle school director, will be preaching on our mission statement: “We exist to help people find and follow Jesus Christ.”
READ RUTH 4
1. When have you recently had to wait on a matter to be settled? Why is it hard to wait with contentment about the unknown?
2. What does “redeem” mean? What was required for Boaz to accomplish redemption at the city gate?
3. What do the people’s requests to God for Ruth and Boaz say about their faith and community?
4. How was Ruth’s desire (spoken as a vow in 1:16-17) fulfilled beyond all her expectations, and what can you praise God for giving you beyond your expectations?
5. How are your perspectives expanded when you connect believers today through faith in Jesus Christ back to David, to Obed, to the women’s prayers for blessings, and to the promises of God in the Garden of Eden? (See Matthew 1:1; 2 Samuel 7:8-16; Ruth 4:17; Genesis 3:15.)