Community Group Leader’s Guide
For the week of April 21, 2019
There are only a few weeks left of Community Groups for this quarter. Please be sure you have made time to serve and plan social activities for your group!
1. Which do you believe more:
- What you hear?
- What you see?
- What you want?
2. Describe a time recently when you woke up very early to do something outside your normal routine.
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or that caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Jesus rising from the dead is foundational to the Christian faith because it is the proof that Christ is who he claimed to be – our Savior and God’s only son. What importance does 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 place on Christ’s resurrection for us in our Christian walk?
(See how important the truth of the resurrection is! “Everything depends on our retaining a firm hold on this doctrine in particular; for if this one totters and no longer counts, all the others will lose their value and validity.” Martin Luther)
2. What do Romans 5:6-8 and Romans 6:5-7 add to your understanding of the importance of Christ’s death and resurrection for us?
(The work of Jesus on the cross for us is God’s ultimate proof of His love for you. If the cross is the ultimate demonstration of God’s love, it is also the ultimate demonstration of man’s hatred. It also proves that the height of man’s hatred can’t defeat the height of God’s love. God calls us, in participation with Him, to actively do day by day with the flesh just what He has already done with the old self – to crucify it, make it dead to sin. If we let the new self within influence the mind, the will, and the emotions, then we will find the battle less intense. We are set free from sin because the old self has died with Jesus on the cross. Now a new self, a free self, lives!)
3. What will you remember most from the Gospel of Mark to sharpen your focus of who Jesus really is?
TAKING IT HOME
1. What does the resurrected Jesus need to change in your life?
- my spiritual vision
- my unbelief
- my discouragement
- my loneliness
- other: _______________________________________________
2. How would you describe your relationship with Jesus right now?
- up and down
- very close
- other: ____________________________________________
3. How can the group pray for you?
VBS Into The Wild!
Join us on our adventure Into The Wild? Click one of the buttons below to volunteer for VBS 2019.
UPCOMING MISSION TRIPS
Billings, Montana Missions Outreach Prep. Team (Trip 1)
Date: June 28 – July 2
Team Leader: Marc Corradino, STF Missions Pastor
Billings, Montana Sports Camp Mission (Trip 2)
Date: August 5 – 9
Team Leader: Pastor JJ Johnson, STF Senior Pastor
“BAMA” Student Mission Trip- Prichard, Alabama
Date: June 16 – 22 (Please register for this trip separately on the Events page)
Team Leaders: Charlie Thiemann, STF Middle & High School Director, Ally Richie, STF College & Girls’ Student Director