Leaders Community Group Study Guide
For the week of November 17, 2019
Operation Christmas Child
It’s not too late to order a shoebox for a child online! Click below!
Please take attendance. Thanks!
1. Are you a long-range planner, or do you take one day at a time?
2. What is a law that you have broken but expect others to keep?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
Begin this week’s study by reading James 4.
1. When is a time that someone corrected you out of love? When is a time that someone corrected you without love? In both circumstances, how did you respond?
2. Read James 4:11-12. On a scale of 1-10, how did your actions this past week reflect an accurate view of who you are and who God is? Is there any pattern or trigger you recognize when examining your judgments this past week that were done out of arrogance rather than humility?
3. It is interesting to think that James says that when we speak against our brother, we are actually speaking against the law, and in fact, JUDGING the law. Read James 4:10. What does humility mean to you? How will being humble allow for you to change where you need to?
4. Read Proverbs 16:9. Share a time in your life that you have experienced the leading of the Lord.
TAKING IT HOME
1. In James 4:14, he asks us “What is your life?” Ask God to help you identify defects of character that you need to work on. List the changes that you want to ask God help you work on now.
2. We learned this week that we can’t avoid sin by doing nothing and yet we can easily sin if we don’t include God in our plans. What plans in your life do you need prayer for God to make clear?