LEADERS CG Study Guide JAMES for Nov 10, 2019 PDF
Leaders Community Group Study Guide
For the week of November 10, 2019
Encourage the members of your group to be part of the daily study as well. Text/email/or call them when something you read challenges you.
Operation Christmas Child! A perfect CG service project!! https://stfchurch.com/occ/
- Get a shoe box or boxes from one of the church campuses.
- Select a medium to large “wow” item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies. See Gift Suggestions by downloading and printing our list of suggested gifts.
- Download and print basic labels,i remember to include your $9 donation per shoebox
- Return box to church by Nov 22.
Fall Women’s Conference – November 15 – 16!
The conference will take place at our Ballast Point Campus, kicking off Friday evening at 7:00 p.m. and concluding Saturday at 1:00 p.m. Tickets are $49. If you have a need for financial assistance, please contact Lauren Cordner at Lauren@stfchurch.com.
Please take attendance. Thanks!
1. Whom did you quarrel with the most growing up?
2. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
Begin this week’s study by reading James 4:1-10.
1. What “desires” seem to drive the world around us? (v.1)
2. What are two reasons we don’t have what we want? What might some other reasons be for unanswered prayer? (v. 2-3)
3. Consider silently how you would feel and react if a sweetheart or spouse were unfaithful to you. As a group, what does it tell you about God’s love that He wants to have all of our attention and affection back?
4. What steps, provisions, barriers, plans have you put in place to improve your relationship to God? (v. 7-10)
TAKING IT HOME
(This week, it may be best to divide the group into men and women. Allow time for answering these hard questions and offer to pray with them as a result of their answer)
1. How are you most likely to become a “friend” of the world? Lifestyle? Image? Pleasures of money? How does coming near to God (v. 7-8) strengthen you?
2. “Resist the devil, and he will flee from you”(v 7b) Where are you resisting God in your life? In what area of your life do you need to draw near to God? Is it with your eyes? Is it with how you run your mouth? Is it with the way you lose control of your hands or feet?
3. Read James 4:9-10. We have totally lost sight of the holy art of grieving over sin. When was the last time you grieved over your sin, mourned, and wailed? How does the promise that God will lift you up within your humility to make us who we are created to be encourage you?