CG Study Guide THE LIFE April 12, 2020 PDF Version
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of April 12, 2020
It’s like the Netflix of video Bible studies, with a huge library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want — on your phone, tablet, computer, or at home on your TV.
This resource will cost you absolutely nothing. It is being made available, at no cost to you, by South Tampa Fellowship. Sign up today and download the RightNow Media App on your favorite device. https://stfchurch.com/rightnowmedia/
FOOD DROP OFF – Friday, April 10, 11:00am – 2:00pm
3 Ways to Give to the Food Drive:
Drop off donations at our Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd.
(Note: Hours have changed: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Fridays only)
Ship Items from Amazon or from a local Tampa business to the Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd. Tampa, FL 33611
Go to stfchurch.com to see list of needs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. This past weekend we experienced one of the most memorable Easters any of us will ever remember. What was Easter like in your household growing up? Has it changed over the years?
2. From this weekend’s teaching, was there a statement, point or insight that was particularly helpful, challenging or confusing to you personally?
1. This past week, Pastor JJ dug into the life of Joseph of Arimathea, a wealthy religious leader that was part of the Sanhedrin. Jesus addresses Joseph and the rest of the council in Matthew 23:13-32. Make a list of the seven charges Jesus made against the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law. How do they relate to what Jesus says in Matthew 23:2-7.
2. Read Luke 23:50-51. What do you learn about Joseph in this passage? Read Matthew 27:45-61. In asking for the body of Jesus what risks is Joseph taking with Pilate and the Sanhedrin?
3. Pastor JJ pointed out that Joseph went from curious about who Jesus was to being convicted which led to his conversion. What is your story of how you met Jesus? Are you still curious? If converted, take a moment to share your story.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Pastor JJ likened a man on his wedding day asking his bride not to tell anyone of the commitment made to her is the same as if we didn’t let others know that we have a committed relationship with Jesus Christ. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest, how committed to Jesus are you?
2. Read Matthew 28:16-20. In what ways can you fulfill the Great Commission in the context of your family? Work? Community?
3. What can you do to stand by Jesus even when it’s unpopular?