CG Study Guide, THE SHEPHERD for March 22, 2020 PDF Version
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of March 22, 2020
March 23, 8:30am – March 27, 2020 4:30pm
The STF Go Team Trailer will be parked in front of our Ballast Point Campus. Go Team leaders will be accepting food donations from our church and community.
Suggested Donation Items:
*14oz boxed cereal
*Instant Oatmeal Individual Packets
*Condensed Soups (10.5 oz cans)
*Canned Pasta (beefaroni, raviolis, spaghetti o’s)
*Peanut Butter (plastic containers NO JARS**
*Boxed Macaroni & Cheese
*Crackers (sleeves, saltines or Ritz)
*Individual servings of fruit
*Squeezable Jelly *NO JARS*
*Basic toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, soap, shampoo, etc.)
STF CODE BLUE REVIVAL – EVERY NIGHT 7:30pm
Just as “CODE BLUE” is called to revive a patient from the threshold of death, so it our CODE BLUE to revive, renew, and restore life into all those who are willing to receive the invitation to LIVE. Join us each night online at stfchurch.com or on FB at STF Church to hear a message of LIFE and to live life abundantly!
1. With what formulas for dealing with stress were you raised?
2. As a child, what was your favorite pet? How did this pet respond when it heard your voice?
3. From this weekend’s sermon, which one statement, point or insight was most helpful, challenging or even confusing to you personally?
1. How does Jesus identify himself with the “good shepherd”?(John 10:11-15)
2. How do you discern his voice from all the voices that vie for your attention? How have you heard the Shepherd’s voice through His Word this week?
3. Read Psalms 23. It can be frustrating and confusing when God ‘makes us lie down in green pastures’. Have there been times in your life when you felt God’s firm hand steering you to a blessing that otherwise you would have walked by and missed?
TAKING IT HOME
1. What was the turning point for you in terms of hearing “God’s voice” and responding?
2. Jesus voluntarily laid down His life to give His people eternal life. What blessings do you receive from Jesus being your Shepherd?
3. How can the group pray for you this week?
Below are some prompts for things to consider and pray about this week for yourself:
Faith believes God is and His Word is true.
o Faith influences how we view life and the world.
o How would life be different if you accepted God’s viewpoint as revealed in the Bible?
o What do your decisions or priorities reveal about the object of your faith?
o Ask God to increase your awareness of areas of unbelief in your heart.
• Faith acts on God’s promises.
o When we have confidence in God and His plan and purpose for our lives, we can then act in faith.
o How could remembering God’s repeated promises give you the confidence to risk something for the Lord?
o What personal burdens or entanglements make persevering in faith difficult sometimes?
o Prayerfully ask God to sustain your faith when you are tempted to lose heart or give up the fight.