CG Study Guide, I AM for March 15, 2020 PDF version
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of March 15, 2020
A Note from Pastor Chris:
We will continue to post the community group study guides and your group is invited to continue to meet off campus. Until further notice, there will be no community groups meetings on any of our campuses. Please know that if you are at all uncomfortable with your group meeting at this time, there is no pressure to do so.
We’d also like to invite you and your group to take part in Code Blue Revival. Starting Monday at 7:30pm we will be live with another worship service. We will be live nightly at 7:30pm for the next two weeks on our website, app, Facebook and more. We hope you will join us!
Eggstravaganza April 5, 2020, 3:30 – 5:30pm
There will be an Easter egg hunt, bounce houses, crafts, and so much more!Come out to the Ballast Point Elementary School field from 3:30-5:30 on Sunday, April 5th.This FREE event is for the whole family and all ages. Register online at stfchurch.com/events
1. Think back to when you were a kid, what was the best gift you ever received?
2. In living your life, do you tend to walk more on the broad road or the narrow road?
3. From this weekend’s sermon, which one statement, point or insight was most helpful, challenging or even confusing to you personally?
1. Read Matthew 7:13-14. What makes the broad road most tempting for you? What makes the narrow road difficult?
2. The miracle of the blind man seeing is found in John 9:13-41. What is the man able to see about Jesus (vv 12, 17, 25, 27, 30-33, 36, 38) versus the Pharisees? What in the man’s response finally puts the Pharisees “over the top”?
3. Jesus makes the bold claim that HE is the gate, the final authority, the only way to get to heaven. Read the parables found in Matthew 13:44-46, what do the parables teach about the value of the kingdom? With what emotion and energy should it be pursued?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Compared to the man and the merchant (Matthew 13:44-46), how valuable is the kingdom to you and why:
2. Jesus is an end to our searching and striving to have significance and security in anything else but Him. Read Matthew 16:24-26. What things tend to compete for your allegiance to Christ?
3. How can the group pray for you?