I AM CG Study Guide for March 9, 2020 PDF
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of March 9, 2020
1. Where is the darkest place you’ve ever been?
2. When you think of the words “witnessing” or “evangelism” what positive and negative words, images or stories come to mind?
3. From this weekend’s sermon, which one statement, point or insight was most helpful, challenging or even confusing to you personally?
1. Light is the first noun we have recorded to come from God. Genesis 1:3, God said, “Let there be light.” Later, God leads the Israelites out of the desert with a great light. Now, Jesus makes the bold claim that he is the light. Read John 8:12-16. What are the implications of Jesus claiming to be the light of the world?
2. In what ways do you boldly “let your light shine”? In what ways is it difficult for you to let your light shine for Christ?
3. Colossians 4:2-6 does a good job of summing up our role in the calling to be the light we learned about this past week. Read the passage and list any specific guidelines or tips that could help us be more effective in sharing the Gospel with people.
TAKING IT HOME
1. How is following Jesus like following someone with a light through a dark place for you?
2. As Matthew 5:14-16 states, “You are the light of the world.” Jesus never challenged us to become light. He said we are light. Believers are either fulfilling or failing at it. In terms of the light of Christ that you shed, are you a 20-, 75-, or 200-watt light bulb? Or a burned-out bulb? Why?
3. How can the group pray for you?