CG Study Guide for the week of April 26, 2020 PDF VERSION
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of April 26, 2020
CG Social project!
Life Path Hospice of Tampa has caregivers that are extremely strained at this time. We are asking Community Groups to make an encouraging video or posters that can be forwarded on to the caregivers to let them know we are all praying for them and appreciate their hard work. You can send pictures of the posters or video upload to email@example.com Check out our FB page or Life Path FB page for inspiration.
FOOD DROP OFF – May 1, 11:00am – 2:00pm
3 Ways to Give to the Food Drive:
Drop off donations at our Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd.
(Note: Hours have changed: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Fridays only)
Ship Items from Amazon or from a local Tampa business to the Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd. Tampa, FL 33611
Go to stfchurch.com to see list of needs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. This week Chris mentioned our suffering can bless or help others. Is there anyone in your life who has gone through great difficulty that has encouraged you or given you a better perspective on life?
2. What part of the teaching did you find challenging to your thinking or living?
1. This past week, in our series, God is greater than the High’s and Low’s, Chris said that Jesus chose to enter into our pain. Read Philippians 2:5-11. How is God at work in a believer’s life according to verses 6 and 9-11? How does this make you feel about uncertainties in your life?
2. Read Romans 5:1-8. Out of the areas of suffering, perseverance, character and hope, where is God working in your life right now?
3. Chris mentioned how tempting it can be to retreat to the middle yet Jesus invites us to take that risk and to trust Him in the process of our suffering. Where in life are you playing it safe in your serving, your hope, and your pain in hopes that it will just go away instead of inviting Jesus into it for a greater purpose?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Read Romans 5:3-5. What incident in your life can you look back on and see the truth of verses 3-5?
2. After a message like we heard this weekend, the challenge is how to make serving more a part of our daily life. What are some ways you can incorporate more serving into your normal life?
3. Are there any trying circumstances in your life you’d like to have a better attitude about? Any areas where you could pray for God to use your trials for his glory?