CG Study Guide for the week of April 19, 2020 PDF Version
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of April 19, 2020
CG Social Project!
Life Path Hospice of Tampa has caregivers that are extremely strained at this time. We are asking Community Groups to make an encouraging video or posters that can be forwarded on to the caregivers to let them know we are all praying for them and appreciate their hard work. You can send pictures of the posters or video upload to firstname.lastname@example.org Check out our FB page or Life Path FB page for inspiration.
FOOD DROP OFF – Friday, April 10, 11:00am – 2:00pm
3 Ways to Give to the Food Drive:
Drop off donations at our Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd.
(Note: Hours have changed: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Fridays only)
Ship Items from Amazon or from a local Tampa business to the Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd. Tampa, FL 33611
Go to stfchurch.com to see list of needs. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
1. What is one way this past week that you have sought peace?
2. What part of the teaching did you find challenging to your thinking or living?
1. This past week, in our series, God is greater than the High’s and Low’s, we dived into the life of Thomas. What is the closest that you have come to going through what Thomas went through?
- When someone close to me died
- When I dropped out of Christian fellowship
- When I experienced disappointment and took it out on God
- Other: ___________________________________
2. Read John 20:19-23. In these verses, how do you see the Lord’s kindness and desire to build the disciples’ faith?
- How has the Lord shown you kindness to build your faith?
3. Read John 20:24-31. Describe Thomas’ strengths and weaknesses. Which of these do you share? (See also John 11:7-16; 14:5)
TAKING IT HOME
1. When you have doubts in your faith, what have you found helpful?
- Going to the Bible
- Talking with my pastor
- Sharing with friends
- Going ahead “on faith”
- Spending time alone with God
- Being encouraged by the faith of others
2. Thomas’ unbelief fled in the face of Jesus’ voice. In language used for God alone, Thomas boldly proclaimed of Jesus, “My Lord and my God!” How has this teaching challenged your doubts or given you confidence to tell others about Jesus’ resurrection?
3. Jesus poured out a blessing on us today that not even those who walked and talked with Him in His days on earth enjoyed. It is as though the Lord Jesus said, “I will reward with greater blessings and higher glory each one who loves me without the opportunity to see me.” Is this glory yours? How will you allow the Lord to stretch your faith this week?
1. Read 1 Peter 1:8. What have you learned about God as a result of this week’s study? How may your group pray for you as you make this truth a part of your life?