Food For Thought for the week of August 16, 2020 PDF Version
Food for Thought
For the week of August 16, 2020
(Questions and Scriptures for further study & discussion)
NOTE TO LEADERS: We highly recommend that each week men and women break up into two groups for a time of reflection, prayer requests, and prayer.
WHAT’S YOUR HIGHLIGHT?
Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything you heard for the first time or something that caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
1. Have you ever felt like God has abandoned you during a hard time?
1. Read Psalm 22:1-8. What is David’s basic struggle (vv. 1-2, 6-8)? Where is David’s faith in the midst of these struggles (vv.3-5)?
2. JJ said, “With the Bible we can cling to the truth of who God is and that we can recall how much God loves us even when we don’t see, feel, or hear him”. What Bible verse is a favorite of yours during a hard time to cling to?
3. The truth is, it doesn’t matter how long we have been walking with Jesus, we all face dry periods in our relationship with Him. (Psalm 22:11) During those dry spells, what have you learned about yourself?
4. What is one way you can help yourself remember the truth about who God is, even in the midst of a hard situation?
5. We were created to draw close to the heart of God. Sometimes we have to wrestle to do so. How can this group support you in prayer this week?
Sunday, August 30 online at 10:30 a.m.
If you want to know more about STF or join STF, we’d like to invite you into our virtual DiscoverSTF class. In the class, which is led by Pastor Tom Sander, you’ll learn everything you need to know about STF: our history and background, what we believe, where you can serve, and much more. Sign up for the class at stfchurch.com/discover!