There are many ways that a person can get involved in service at South Tampa Fellowship (STF). One of those ways is by serving on one of the Committees. We currently have five standing committees: Nominating Committee, Personnel Committee, Finance Committee, Missions Committee, and Property & Facilities Committee. These committees help make important decisions for our congregation. Committee members’ terms are staggered so that there are usually only one or two new members added each year. This ensures continuity from year to year as the teams deal with matters affecting the church.
The Nominating Team is primarily responsible for overseeing the process of filling vacant positions on the Leadership Teams. These applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee and the Pastoral Staff, and candidates will be selected to fill vacant positions. It is likely that there will be more qualified candidates than there will be available vacant openings for team service. Those candidates selected will be presented to the Church membership for confirmation in October.
- Applications are due September 15
- Applicants will be contacted by October 7
- Selected applicants will be presented at the October 22rd Business Meeting
1. Applicants must have been a member of South Tampa Fellowship for at least one (1) year prior to their application for team service.
2. Applicants must have a record of faithfully stewarding time, talents and treasure within STF and the Kingdom of God.
3. It is preferred that applicants be involved in service in some other ministry area of the church.
4. It is preferred that applicants have some experience or qualifications related to the committee for which the applicant is applying.
5. Applicants must complete the Application for Committee Service.
- Completed applications must be submitted no later than September 15.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Nominating Team and Pastoral Staff to ensure that the applicant meets the eligibility requirements.
- Personal interviews may be required at the discretion of the Nominating Team and/or Pastoral Staff.
- The slate of applicants recommended by the Nominating Team and the Pastoral Staff will be submitted to the Church membership for a vote to fill vacant team positions. The vote will occur before October 23.
- Committee service is for three (3) years unless filling the unexpired term of a former team member, which will be the length of the unexpired term.
- Team service will be on a calendar year basis.
- Ensure the integrity of the church’s committee structure
- Coordinate the staffing of all teams and church officers.
- Review current Ministry Departments
- Assess the need for additional teams and recommend procedures to dissolve obsolete teams.
- Develop operating guidelines and procedures
- Facilitate each Team’s fulfillment of its mission
- Consult on Performance Reviews format
- Review completed Performance Reviews and consult on contents
- Approve new full-time hires
- Assist in the search and hiring process for new pastors
- Approve Vacation Policies
- Approve the annual Compensation Budget
- Perform annual review of Personnel Policies & Procedures
- Consult on Employee Benefits
- Consult on Work Guidelines
- Consult on New Job Descriptions
- Assist in Long Range Planning for Future Staff
- Review and approve the inclusive annual church budget before its presentation to the Church body for its vote of adoption.
- Review the monthly financial reports to ensure fiscal responsibility and provide budget management accountability.
- Determine feasibility and timing for capitalizing expenditures.
- Oversee annual financial audit by:
- Selecting and contracting auditing firm
- Interfacing with auditing firm as needed
- Review and consult on financial procedures to ensure financial responsibility with regard to:
- Safekeeping and transportation of funds
- Confidentiality of contribution records
- Accounting practices
- Investment and holding of reserve and designated funds
- Facilitate fulfillment of the Church’s Mission Statement through inspiration, information, and involvement.
- Supervise, direct and oversee the church’s current missions programs and activities.
- Evaluate other opportunities for missions’ ministry and advise the Staff of the feasibility of the work
- Assist in formulating a mission’s budget each fiscal year.
- The Team shall prepare a Missions Policies and Procedures Manual to guide the Team’s operations and strategy.
Properties & Facilities Committee
- Oversee the church properties and facilities’ maintenance, renovations, and landscaping.
- Oversee the management of properties and facilities-related projects.
- Obtain three bids for capital expenditures or ensure that three bids are obtained.
- Obtain zoning when applicable.
- Review and approve church staff’s recommendations for improvements.
- Select interior design and furnishings for facilities.
- Approve architectural designs.
- Ensure that properties and facilities-related contracts are being enforced.
- Review insurance policies for facilities and determine on an annual basis that insurance payments are current.
- The property acquisition process does not fall within the scope of responsibilities of the Properties and Facilities Team.
APPLICATION DUE IN