CG Study Guide THE VINE April 5, 2020 PDF Version
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of April 5, 2020
It’s like the Netflix of video Bible studies, with a huge library of faith-based videos that you can access whenever and wherever you want — on your phone, tablet, computer, or at home on your TV. This resource will cost you absolutely nothing. It is being made available, at no cost to you, by South Tampa Fellowship. Sign up today and download the RightNow Media App on your favorite device. https://stfchurch.com/rightnowmedia/
FOOD DROP OFF – Friday, April 10, 11:00am – 2:00pm
3 Ways to Give to the Food Drive: Drop off donations at our Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd. (Note: Hours have changed: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Fridays only) Ship Items from Amazon or from a local Tampa business to the Ballast Point Campus, 5101 Bayshore Blvd. Tampa, FL 33611 Go to stfchurch.com to see list of needs. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
CODE BLUE – Here’s what coming up!
Holy Week Scripture reading and devotion by Pastor JJ 7:30p each night. https://stfchurch.com/code-blue/
COMMUNION on FRIDAY, FASTING on SATURDAY, EASTER on SUNDAY!!!
1. What are you more like? (Circle your preference.)
Sprinter or Distance Runner
Cheese Pizza or Supreme
Magnifying Glass or Telescope
A Ride or A Walk
Rustic Cabin or Fancy Resort
Action Movie or Comedy
2. How did this week’s sermon add, change or confirm your definition of faith, abiding or love?
3. From this weekend’s teaching, was there a statement, point or insight that was particularly helpful, challenging or confusing to you personally?
1. Read John 15:1-8. What do you learn about the Christian life from Jesus’ picture of the vine and the branches, and how does this help or challenge you?
2. Is it possible for believers not to bear any fruit? Can people who sacrifice their lives for a good cause, but do not love Jesus, live what God calls fruitful lives? Explain your answers using John 15.
3. Because no one has truly believed in Jesus Christ can perish, what does it mean to remain in Jesus Christ, and how are you obeying Jesus’ command? (See also John 8:31, 26-28; 2 Peter 1:10)
TAKING IT HOME
1. In what areas of your life are you bearing fruit, and where is there a lack of bearing fruit? (For help, see John 4:6, 12:24; 15:16; Romans 1:13; 6:22; Galatians 5:22-24; Colossians 1:10; James 5:7.)
2. If you have experienced God’s pruning this year, briefly share the circumstances and any results you have seen.
3. Apart from Jesus, you can do nothing. If you are a Christian, do you believe this? What are you still trying to do in your own strength? How can the group pray for you in light of your answer?