CG Study Guide JAMES for Oct. 6, 2019 PDF
Community Group Study Guide
For the week of October 06, 2019
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. We learned this week that James called himself a “bondservant of God and the Lord Jesus Christ”. How do you describe yourself on your social media profile?
2. Have you ever encountered a difficult situation where you thought it was impossible for any good to come out of it, only to realize later that it was an important part of your personal growth? If so, explain.
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Read James 1:1-6. According to James, what should be a Christian’s attitude when facing trials?
2. Why is “perseverance” important?
3. What trial or test are you currently facing now?
TAKING IT HOME
1. When have you prayed and received God’s wisdom?
2. What do you do when you pray but still have doubts?
3. In the sermon we learned that suffering is a part of the Christian life (James 1:2). We were challenged with how we often respond to good news with, “God is so good”. But what can be our response when things aren’t going good and there is bad news. How do you respond and what can we say then?
4. How can your group pray for you this week in light of this passage?