Community Group Study Guide
For the week of May 31, 2020
FOOD DROP OFF – Friday’s 11:00am – 2:00pm
Go to stfchurch.com to see list of needs. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
1. What was one thing you believed you could do or be when you were a little kid and thought you could be/do anything?
2. Vince Vitale said that growing up he learned, “there is nothing to fear but fear itself” but the truth was there is so much to fear because of the daunting pressures of life. What is one fear or life pressure you are struggling with now?
3. From Vince Vitale’s speech, “Are You Carrying The World? Practical Way to Give God Our Burdens”, what encouraged, inspired, or challenged your way of thinking?
1. Vince Vitale said that the Bible is full of people who cast their cares onto God’s shoulders. Read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, how could your “scars” of this world bring glory to God?
2. Vince mentioned a popular verse, “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7). How can these following verses help you to practically do this?
1 Corinthians 10:13
TAKING IT HOME
1. In reality, feelings come from thoughts, so, even though we can’t change how we feel, we can change how we think. The Serenity Prayer at Celebrate Recovery reminds us “to take one day at a time, one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace” How do these verses give you peace?
2. Look at how you answered question 2 in “My Story”. What burden are you still hanging on to that you need to let go and let God carry? How can the group pray for you?