Community Group Study Guide
For the week of September 15, 2019
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. What is the most important date you ever forgot?
2. What do you imagine you’ll be like at the age of 100?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. According to 1 Peter 4:7-11, what are some priorities that a Christian should have in their life?
2. If you do the math, you have roughly 929 weeks to spend with a child before they become an adult. How does our theme verse, ”Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12), influence the way we teach God’s truth to the next generation in our church and/or the children in your home?
3. Unfortunately, life’s distractions often cause us to focus our time on less important tasks. What priorities do the following verses encourage us to engage in and not put off until a more “convenient” time?
Looking back at what you wrote above, is there anyone you need to talk to or any action you need to take to make these priorities more a part of your life?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Read 2 Corinthians 6:1-2. What motivation does Paul give to share your faith? What motivates you?
2. How do you slow down and listen (take a walk, talk with a friend, journal, worship, a time of solitude, other) to what God is asking you to do each day? Is there anything you want to make sure you continue to do (or add) to help you stay connected to God’s leading?
3. What’s holding you back from taking the bull by the horns and doing what God has asked you to do in light of knowing we are to live in the 4th quarter of our lives? What do you fear might happen if you do? What do you fear might happen if you don’t?
4. How can this group support you in prayer?
Spend some time in prayer. As each group member shares a trouble, one member can read Psalm 46:10 in response.
Night Of Gathering
STF Women’s Ministry is hosting our Fall Night of Gathering on Sunday evening, September 22, from 7 to 8:45 p.m. at the Ballast Point Campus. We look forward to reaching out to our community and inviting women to join us for a time of encouragement and connection. You’ll hear details about our upcoming events, including the Fall Women’s Conference, so don’t forget to bring someone new along!
Register your vehicle for our tailgate party! Here are some important things to know about providing a car:
• The tailgate party will be in the West parking lot at the Ballast Point Campus.
• We have 60 parking spaces available.
• STF will provide hamburgers, hot dogs, water, lemonade, and tea.
• Please bring any additional snacks that you would like (pretzels, chips, etc.).
• Please keep your email and parking space number available. When you arrive at BP, someone will be there to let you in to the parking lot. •The event will run from the end of the second service until 2 p.m.
• Have fun! Show your school spirit! Decorate your cars! There will be prizes for the best-decorated vehicles. Bring lawn chairs and lawn games!