Community Group Study Guide
For the week of September 22, 2019
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. Who was your hero when you were 10? A movie star? An athlete? A comic book character? What ability did they have that you wanted for yourself?
2. Outside of Scripture, who is someone you perceive to be living or has lived as if they were in the “4th quarter” of their life? If, applicable, what happened in history as a result?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. In what area of your life have you seen the most change since you committed your life to Christ?
- my priorities
- my beliefs
- my relationships
- my goals
- my attitudes
- my values
- my devotional life
- my habits and lifestyle
- other ______________
2. Read Philippians 3:10-12. Paul desired to know Christ better. On a scale of 1 (low) to 10 (great), how does your desire in this area rank?
How can you continually get to “know” (v.10) Christ better and have a greater fellowship with Him?
3. Read Hebrews 12:1-3. What comfort do you get from knowing that a cloud of witnesses is watching you run the Christian race? What have you discovered that helps you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Read Philippians 1:21. Given your priorities and schedule this week, how would you honestly finish this sentence, “For me, to live is . . .”? What would change if you said “Christ”?
2. We need God to reveal to us the brevity of life. That revelation will help us grow wise, and wisdom is important because the choices we make during our brief stay on earth have eternal consequences. Read our theme verse for this series, Psalm 90:12. Take a moment to pray and ask God to reveal who you need to share the gospel with this week. Be prepared to share your answer with the group.
3. Who receives God’s blessing through your prayers?
4. How can this group support you in prayer?