Leaders Community Group Study Guide
For the week of November 24, 2019
This is the last week of lesson for Community Groups until next semester. Next week leaders/hosts need to plan their social/service time. Please let us know if you plan to continue leading/hosting or if there are any changes that need to be made by emailing email@example.com
December 1 Christmas series begins: “The Songs of Christmas”
December 2 The City: Young Adult MVMT Night at Cavu
December 9 Women’s Christmas Outreach Program
December 13 Christmas Worship Concert
December 15 Students: Deck the Halls
December 22 First Christmas Eve Service at BP, 6 p.m.
December 24 Christmas Eve Services at All Campuses:
– BP: 3, 5, 7, 11 p.m.
– CD: 11 a.m.
– DI: 6 p.m.
Parents, pick up your Countdown To Christmas schedules at the STFKids info desk so you’ll have all the upcoming events and activities for the kids!
Please take attendance. Thanks!
1. The “Season” is upon us! What are you most looking forward to this next month?
2. Who is someone you admire that is a person of prayer? Who is someone that you pray for regularly?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
Begin this week’s study by reading James 5.
1. How are you at keeping your word – letting your “Yes” be yes, and your “No”, be no (v. 12)?
2. According to this passage, what should you do when you are: In trouble? Happy? Sick? How apt are you to do any of these?
3. Why is it necessary, according to James 5:16 to admit our faults to someone else?
4. How is confession and prayer a part of the healing process? What is the connection between the physical and spiritual areas of our life?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Have you ever prayed over someone who was sick or had someone pray over you? What was the experience like?
2. Have you ever confessed your sins to other trusted believers and received prayer? In what way can that experience bring forgiveness, healing and new life?
3. When have you come the closest to wandering from the faith? What (or who) helped bring you back?
4. When you see a fellow Christian stray from God, are you prone to watch in disappointment, keep your distance so that you aren’t negatively influenced, or seek ways in which God would have you bring that person back?