Community Group Study Guide
For the week of October 20, 2019
1. Which best describes your temper: Short fuse, BIG bomb? L-O-N-G fuse, little fizz? Other?
2. Why is it wrong for believers to show favoritism?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. How does the term “Sunday Christian” illustrate James’ point in verses James 1:22-24 Conversely, what does the life of someone described in verse 25 look like?
2. One of the more subtle ways of evaluating our personal relationship with God is taking a look at how we treat his people. What do the following verses have to say about how our treatment of others impacts our relationship with God? John 13:35; 1 John 3:17; 1 John 4:12; 1 John 4:20
3. It’s not hard to find people all around us with needs. The challenge is knowing which of the needs has your name on it (i.e. knowing if this is something you need to respond to). How can each of the following verses help shape your response to the needs of people around you?
How do you decide if a need has your name on it?
TAKING IT HOME
1. In what area of your life could you do a better job at applying God’s Word rather than merely listening to it? How can your group pray for you?
2. God, who looks upon the hearts of all people, is rich in mercy. How has God shown mercy to you?
3. How can you show mercy to others?