Community Group Homework
For the week of September 8, 2019
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. Are you a long-range planner, or do you take one day at a time?
2. When you were 15, what did you expect to be doing at age 25, were you right?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Read James 4:13-17 . How far into the future have you planned your life? What attitude should we have toward our plans?
What four areas of life are discussed in James 4:13? What is wrong with this type of planning?
2. On a scale of 1 (hardly ever) to 10 (always), how often do you pray about your plans and decisions before making them?
3. Read Romans 13:11-14. How does Paul’s urgency in verse 11 influence your perspective on life?
TAKING IT HOME
1. Colossians 3:17 gives a great overview of how we should approach our daily life. After reading the verse, assess how you’re doing in your regular activities in the areas below. Rate yourself on a 1 to 5 scale (5 being the highest).
Time spent with Family
Time spent with Friends
Time Spent on Social Media
Looking at how you rated yourself, are there any areas you would like to improve on? Are there regular activities in your life that you would eliminate from your schedule if you were to number your days wisely?
2. Take some time this week in your daily quiet time, to answer the following questions, with the fact in mind, “I am living in the fourth quarter of my life.” Find someone you trust to share some of your answers with.
What’s one thing you could do starting now to increase your enjoyment of God?
What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life?
In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress, and what will you do about it?
What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it?
What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
For whose salvation will you pray most fervently?
What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life?
What single thing that you plan to do differently in your daily activities that will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
3. How can the group pray for you this week as we learn to number our days aright?
Love & Respect Marriage 2-day Conference for Couples.
Friday, September 13, 2019: 6:45-9:45 p.m. and Saturday, September 14, 2019: 8:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Women’s Study: God of Creation
We’ll meet Monday nights and Tuesdays mornings (September 9 and 10 – November 11 and 12) at the Davis Islands Campus.
REGISTER FOR MONDAY
REGISTER FOR TUESDAY
Church-wide Serve Day
STF will sponsor a church-wide Serve Day on Saturday, September 21, at Chiaramonte Elementary School, 6001 S. Himes Ave. Projects planned for the day include grounds beautification, creation of a picnic area, teacher’s lounge makeover and establishment of a “Compassion Center” that will contain food, clothing, and hygiene items. So bring a donation for the Compassion Center and join us anytime between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. as we serve our community.
Compassion Center Donations Needed
* Hygiene items: toothbrushes/paste, deodorant
* Clothing items: casual school clothes
* Non-perishable food/snack items for kids